Monday, November 4, 2013

Smith at the top of Mt. Yasur

Week 6 Island of Tanna Nov 4, 2013

Dear Friends and Family,

You get to hear from me again because we are having another district meeting!  We ended up going back to Mt. Yasur last week and it was better than the first time.  There were big expolsions of lava and it was loud and really cool.  Speaking of the volcano, I forgot to tell you that we had a little earthquake a few weeks ago.  Me and Elda Langi were doing our companion study when all of a sudden the table and door started shaking.  It was pretty cool.  Teaching wise, it was another slow week.  We only got about 1 lesson a day.  We did however get one of our investigators interviewed for baptism.  I think we will baptize her this Saturday.  We had a kid named Kadem hang out with us all week.  He was our member present when we taught.  He is a great kid and we are already friends.  Even though it was a slow week, things are still going great! 

I started speaking the language a lot more this week.  On Wednesday, it just clicked.  Me and my companion did a role play and I knew exactly what to say!  I was able to teach a few lessons in the language this week as well.  I said the opening prayer at church in Bislama yesterday and I also bore my testimony in Bislama. It was really cool.   The gift of tongues is a very real thing. 

The kids in Saet Siwi are awesome.  They are so much fun to play with.  The people are so friendly.  Me and Elda Langi walked down to Koromanu and some people were playing Volleyball and they invited us to play with them.  They kept score but weren’t very competitive.  If you had a bad serve or a bad hit nobody got mad or said stuff like “you could have totally got that!” you know what I mean? Life’s good and I can’t believe how fast time is flying. This last week was the fastest one so far.  I love you all and hope everything is going great!  Talk to you in 2 weeks.
Love, Elda Smith Baenon

Volcano Eruption!

Smith playing marbles with the kids

Smith climbing trees Nov 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment