Sunday, October 18, 2015

My Family in Lowni

Week 30 on Port Vila

Dear Famle Blong Mi,

     Well we went to Santo last Friday like I said and we flew on a small Twin Otter Plane with little leg space, there was barely any room for my legs, but we made it and had our Zone Conference.  It
turned out to be a good conference and we had a really good lunch at the Santo Hotel, as we do everytime!  Afterwards we did our sports activities, relay races etc... and during it a non-member came and me and Elder Crowell talked to him and he had some questions about the church and he asked about life after death and we explained our belief to him. 

   He was very very curious and we ended up teaching him most of the plan of salvation and he was very interested.  We taught him about
many things, a little bit of deep doctrine just because of all his questions, and towards the end we were able to tie it all together and we asked him to pray about it.  And he was glad to do so.

    It was just a cool little gospel moment, some people are like that though,  they are just so so so thirsty for the truth and are trying to find it, and trying to find the water the savior talked about. "whosoever shall drink of the water I give, shall never thirst again." Well after all the sports everyone had their interviews but some members were playing futbol so we joined in with them for a couple hours before leaving with the Zone Leaders.

     On Saturday morning we had our 2nd session of Zone Conference and then our MLC meeting with the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders.  Then while the Zone Leaders took the Grangers on a tour of the areas on the island, me and Elder Crowell walked around town and looked at stores and I bought a mat and a few baskets I'll bring home. We walked around for a few hours and waited at the church for the Zone Leaders to come back, but they went to every area so they were gone
for a long time.  So we played futbol and basketball with members who were playing at the church again. They had just finished Seminary and they asked us to join so we played until later that afternoon the Zone Leaders finished with the tour and brought us back home with them.

     Sunday morning we went to Church at Luganville Branch again.  In Port Vila they were showing General Conference on Saturday and Sunday, but Luganville hasn't received the DVD's yet so we just had a regular Sacrament meeting.  After the meeting we had some meetings with the mission president and District President and then after church checked in at 12:30pm.  We did so but the plane didn't arrive until 3:30pm so we had another big delay and didn't get back to Port Vila until 5pm.
We got back and went straight to Marie and Edmond's house and taught them about the Sabbath.  We hope that event though Marie's leg isn't good, they will try their best to find a way to come to church.  Then we saw Alec and Kristel and taught them about Baptism and Confirmation.  I think I already told you but this Friday, they will both be getting married, and on Saturday they will be baptized.  I'm
so excited!  That's what the gospel is all about, blessing families and happiness! They're both really excited too.

     Today President wanted us to make sure to take a P-day and relax so we did.  We started by doing our laundry and our shopping, and me and Elder Crowell just wanted to walk around town and go to all the stores and shops and see what we could find.  I had to look for  a few souvenirs to bring home.  So for about 4 hours we just went to tons of stores downtown and then at 5pm we went to the church to play futbol, we just practiced shooting the goals and practicing against each other and then a couple boys walked by and watched us and we said "do you want to play?"
 And of course they wanted so we told them to come and play with us.  We started on by playing 2 on 2 and then 6 others came so we ended up playing 5 against 5 and we had lots of fun.  Right as we were ready to finish, I rolled my ankle pretty hard and sprained it.  At first I thought I had broken it, I heard a big crunch when I rolled but I didn't feel any pain so I sat right town and when I started feeling the pain I stood up to make sure it was okay. It was alright but the swelling had already set in.  So I have a big right ankle right now.  Lucky it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  I can still walk and drive.  I just need to take it easy for now.

   Well afterwards we went to President Basil's house for family haos naet and we shared a few scriptures with their family and we had dinner with them.  We had Rice, Kumala, cabbage, and flying fox (bat).  I haven't had it since I was in Malekula last year.  Mama Basil cooked it really well. Now I've had flying fox 5 times on my mission.  Sorry if I grossed any of you out.  We got done and came straight here to email. Well all is fine, my legs a little swollen but should be fine, I can't wait to see you all in just a little over a week, wow has time flown by, 2 years isn't long enough it feels like.  Well know that I love you all and can't wait to see you!!!  Mi lavem yufala evriwan!


Elder Beynon

Our team during zone activities

More Futbol

Eating Flying Fox "yes it's BAT" with the Basil Family

No comments:

Post a Comment