Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Picture of New Zealand from the plane Oct 2013
Week 3 Port Vila Oct 9, 2013

Dear Family,

Olsem Wanem?
I made it to Vanuatu safely (i'm sick of being on planes!). The humidity is killer but it is such a beautiful place.  When I arrived, we went to the mission office and walked over to the police dept. to get a driver's license.  I got my license but I can't drive until I get approval.  I then went to the bank and got an ATM card.

Just so you know mom I met Elder Esplin.  He's an elder that's from Orderville, Utah.  We went to the mission home yesterday and had Soup and rice for dinner. Surprisingly I slept really good last night.

This morning, we had breakfast and I packed my bags because I'm getting transferred to the island of Tanna.  I heard there's a volcano there.  It's about a 40 minute flight south. My plane leaves in 2 1/2 hours.    My "P" days will be on Mondays (Sundays) in Utah.  I should be able to get internet access every week so make sure to check your e-mail every Sunday.  I'm 1 of 15 missionaries to get transferred today.  President Brewer says that we are the biggest group to arrive and get transferred yet.

I will meet my new companion tonight when I get to Tanna.  His name is Elder Longhi.  He will be training me for 12 weeks. I think he is from Vanuatu so I will be able to learn a lot. I will be learning Bislama as well and I found out it's pronounced (bishlama).  I heard that my companion doesn't know much English so I will have to teach him too. I love it here so far and I'm so excited to serve here. I will try my best to keep in touch.  Love you All!!!
Love,
Elder Smith Beynon 
Smith at the Mission Home
Right after I got off the plane in Port Vila

The Beach Oct 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment