Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Me and my friends in Erakor

Week 3 on Port Vila Monday April 6, 2015

Dia Famle Blo mi we mi lavem tumas,

Things are great here! We've just been doing more and more service and Tuesday our District just walked around the "Erakor" area and we helped members and people in need. It's a lot of fun helping these families. Sorry but there's not too much to talk about but service. We also did a Zone Service in the area of "Namburu and helped many other families there clean up.  Things have been calming down though.  I've been recieving calls from members in Tanna and they are all eating and they are being blessed.

Saturday Elder Leva and some of the other Elders wanted to make one last big meal before they go and we hear news about transfers.  So we cooked manyoke, beef, chicken and cabbage wrapped in tin foil in the ground. We built a fire and baked everything in the ground for a few hours.  It's a style of cooking here they call "Bunya".  Man did we eat a ton!  I was so dang full!

Then the AP's called to tell us about transfers, there is a big downsize in the mission and Port Vila will go down to 1 zone instead of 2. I was really wondering where I would go and many Elders said I
would be a Zone Leader in Efate.  That was my original thought.  But it turns out that I've been called as an Assistant to Mission President! (AP).  I couldn't believe it!  I am way excited, there is a ton of work to do.  My new companion is Elder Smiler, from New Zealand.  We will serve in the "Nambatu Area. "

Sunday tons of people came to church.  The Districts here made a goal to invite a friend, investigator, non-member, less-active etc. to come to church and the attendance was bigger than any other attendance in the missions history!!! It was a few thousand in all of Efate! We are seeing many
miracles after the Cyclone hit and it just gets better and better. The Church is True!!!

There's a lot of work to do, this morning we woke up at 4;30am and checked an Elder in the Airport to fly back to New Zealand.  And then we had a meeting with president brewer with the office elders. One of the new office Elders is Good ol' Elder Jones, another one of my companions in the MTC!  We did our meeting, one of the big responsiblities of the AP's is to look over all the missionaries.  After the meeting mission president said that I my assignment is to learn everything I can before the New Mission president "President Granger" comes in July.  Elder Smiler will be leaving in June so I will be helping the New Mission President a lot in the Future.  I have a lot to learn!

We then took 5 other missionaries who were flying to fiji, USA, and Canada.  And we just found time to email and we are going to grab a bite to eat and then take more missionaries to the airport tonight
again!

Oh and on Friday we plan on going to Tanna with President Brewer to let him meet with priesthood leaders there and help him get an idea of what we can do in the future.

That's cool that President Eyring mentioned Vanuatu in his talk. Since it starts at different times here they download the Conference on discs in English and Bislama and they plan a time to show the
sessions and priesthood sessions on Projector Screens.  This Saturday branches are planning on having the priesthood meet together to watch priesthood session.

Well I'm excited for what's to come, there's a ton to do!  Tomorrow and Wednesday we will be sending the remaining missionaries back home. I will have a chance to grow more. I love you all so much and you are in my prayers.

Love, Elda Beynon

Our zone service last Friday

Me and my new comp Elder Smiler

Me and Elder Mastin eating good food

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! I'm so happy that Smith can stay in Vanuatu, and it's so nice that he gets to visit Tanna. And it's especially exciting how many people came to church!

    ReplyDelete